Descrierea universitatii (pe baza site-ului oficial)
The University of Cape Verde (Portuguese: Universidade de Cabo Verde) is a Cape Verdean university. The university was formed in 2006 by the merging of two colleges operating in two different locations:
ISE (Instituto Superior de Educação) located in Praia
ISECMAR (Instituto Superior de Engenharias e Ciências do Mar) located in Mindelo
In 2007 a third school officially joined the others:
INIDA (Instituto Nacionai de Investigação e Desenvolvimento Agrário) located in São Jorge dos Órgãos
1. The University of Cape Verde (CV-Uni) is a center of creation, dissemination and promotion of culture, science and technology, linking the study and research, in order to promote human development as a strategic factor of development of the country.
2. Uni-CV pursues, among others, the following purposes:
a) promote human development in its entirety, revealing the dimensions of scientific, technical, ethical, social and cultural paradigm by taking the relentless pursuit of high standards of quality;
b) encourage activities of basic and applied research aimed at contributing, in a creative development of the country;
c) Promote entrepreneurship in Cape Verdean society, contributing to the training of human resources in priority areas of development;
d) provide diversified services to the community, to value each other;
e) develop exchange scientific, technical and cultural cooperation with research institutions and higher education, foreign and domestic;
f) Contribute to the development of international cooperation and rapprochement between peoples, particularly in the areas of education and knowledge, science and technology;
g) To contribute to the modernization of educational system in Cape Verde at all levels, including through research, dissemination and adoption of new teaching methodologies and promotion of knowledge, taking advantage of Information and Knowledge (ICT).
Written by Gab / Image Uni-CV
Monday, 22 December 2008
The University of Cape Verde shall be guided by a set of values, namely:
1. Freedom , understood as a privileged space for the creation and free flow of ideas, not being subjected to any kind of ideological taboos;
2. Excellence is defined as the commitment to the relentless pursuit of knowledge, seeking the Uni-CV lie always on the threshold of scientific and technological innovation as well as in the forefront of using modern methods of teaching and learning.
3. Autonomy , the academic point of view, understood as the right that the University has (and the means to exercise it) to define their own aims and objectives, to develop plans and programs to ensure the freedom of research, teaching and extension, the financial point of view, as the faculty of the University Public manage and generate revenue.
4. The Quality , Uni-CV assumes the following dimensions as constitutive of the concept of quality: (i) Relevance, in the sense that the university is doing socially relevant, (ii) fairness in the sense of extending opportunities
educational access and success for all Cape Verdeans, regardless of their social status and place of residence (iii) the approach by competencies, to guide the pedagogical processes to build capacities of the learner;
5. Entrepreneurship , Uni-CV promotes education for the initiative and assumed as an ideal opportunity for promoting a culture of entrepreneurship, contributing to the development of creative initiative and entrepreneurship of Cape Verdean society
6. Sustainability in the sense that all actions necessary to implement the University take into account the financial stability and management capacity of the University itself during its trajectory.
7. Internationality , understood as the insertion of the Public University in regional areas and global higher education and science as well as guidance to make the existing international standards in the field of research and teaching objectives to be achieved, and also as a strategy for UniCV how to configure space to attract students and teachers from different national and linguistic backgrounds.